Phoenix & Scottsdale - The Valley of the Sun
Things are different in the desert. The sky is bigger. The stars are brighter. The sunsets stop you in your tracks. We still have real cowboys and rugged mountains and the kind of cactus most people see only in cartoons. Projected against this rich backdrop is a panorama of urban sophistication: resorts and spas that drop jaws and soothe souls. Stadiums and arenas worthy of the world’s biggest sports spectacles. Restaurants with inspired cuisine and inspiring patio views. Golf courses that beckon players year round. Shopping centers as stylish and eclectic as the fashions they house.
This is the Valley of the Sun — Arizona’s urban heart and America’s sunniest metropolis. With over 350 days of sunshine annually, the Valley presents the perfect opportunity to venture outdoors. Situated in the heart of the unexpectedly lush Sonoran Desert, the opportunities for adventure are endless. Explore the area’s rugged mountain parks, climb its iconic rocks, soar above the desert landscape, and float down the scenic rivers. Whatever your passion, you’ll find it here!
Here are our recommendations for Valley adventures:
- Full-day Hiking
- Take a guided hike through the Sonoran Desert in Arizona with your premier Southwestern guide company.
- Half-day Hiking
- Guided hikes in the Sonoran Desert around Phoenix & Scottsdale
- Wildflower Hike
- Arizona's wildflower season is amazing! Learn more about our desert's colors!
- Custom Helicopter Flight
- Create your own private, personalized tour, or ask one of our seasoned pilots for suggestions on where to go
- Desert Lakes Helicopter Flight
- Highlights include Red Mountain, the Superstition Mountains, Weavers Needle, Salt River Canyon, Saguaro Lake, Canyon Lake, Four Peaks and the McDowell Mountains
- Fountain Hills Helicopter Flight
- Travel past the valley's most iconic mountains on your way to see the famous Fountain Hills fountain go off
- Night Helicopter Flight
- Marvel at the city lights with a helicopter tour of Phoenix at night
- Scottsdale & Paradise Valley Helicopter Flight
- Take a helicopter tour and experience more of scenic Arizona than you may ever have imagined - and never leave a single mark on the fragile desert.
- Sunrise Balloon Flight
- Leaving from Phoenix, take a hot air balloon ride over the majestic Sonoran Desert, complete with champagne brunch and breath taking views.
- Sunrise/Sunset Helicopter Flight
- Take in the sunrise or sunset from the air
- Sunset Balloon Flight
- View the Sonoran Desert from the air as the sun goes down, complete with candlelight hors d'oeuvres and breath taking views.
- Valley of the Sun Fixed Wing Flight
- View the Sonoran Desert from the air in a small, 9 passenger plane!