Sedona Horseback Riding
Experience the stunning Arizona countryside as the pioneers saw it, from horseback. Our Sedona horseback riding trail climbs a ridge above the ranch providing breathtaking views of Sedona's Red Rocks in the distance, the Mogollon Rim, Verde Valley, and the San Francisco Peaks north of Flagstaff.
Depending on the season, you might see elk, deer, antelope, bighorn sheep, Gambel quail, javelina, red tail hawks, and western bluebirds in the winter.
Duration: Options include 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour, and Sunset/Sunrise rides (1 hour).
- Lunch Ride - This 2-hour experience includes a 60 minute ride and a delicious Arizona Dutch Oven lunch of Cowboy Stew, cornbread, homemade chocolate chip cookies. This tour is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Happy Trails Lunch Ride and ATV Tour - After your lunch ride (above), you'll take a thrilling 2 hour guided ATV tour. The trail features gorgeous high desert terrain, beautiful desert vegetation, abundant wildlife & about 25 miles of incredibly fun trails that climb up the Mogollon rim toward the edge of the Colorado Plateau. Happy Trails tours are Wednesdays and Saturdays at seasonally adjusted times. Included are ATVs, helmets, bandanas and water. If you'd like to stay for a Cowboy Dinner, let us know! $56/person for steak or salmon, or $35/person for hamburger or veggie burger.
- Ranch Rendezvous Dinner Adventure - This 3 hour experience includes a 1 hour horseback ride followed by a horse-drawn wagon ride to an all-weather cookout site with spectacular 360 degree views of Sedona, the Verde Valley and the Mogollon Rim. You'll listen to live acoustic music while enjoying your dinner of mesquite grilled steak with cowboy beans, corn on the cob, grilled peppers, salad, and peach cobbler, all accompanied by iced tea, lemonade and water. (Salmon, hamburger or veggie burger are optional substitutions) We normally offer our evening cookouts on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 5pm, but if you have a group of 6 or more, we may be accommodate you on other days.
Departs: Just outside of Sedona.
Includes: Permits & entry fees, skilled guide(s), well-trained horses & water.
- 1 Hour - $75/person; ages 7+
- 2 Hour - $125/person, ages 12+
- 3 Hour - $175/person, ages 12+
- Sunset (1 hour) - $85/person, ages 7+
- Lunch Ride - $110/person, ages 7+
- Happy Trails Lunch Ride and ATV Combo - $259.35/person for the trail ride, lunch, and single ATVs, or $400.25 for two people for the trail ride, lunch, and riding double on one ATV (ATV drivers must be 15 or older) Price includes Forest Service Access Fee of $4.35/solo ATV and $5.25 for double ATV.
- Ranch Rendezvous Dinner - $120/person; ages 7+
Season: 1, 2 and 3 hour rides are available year round. Sunset rides are Tues and Thurs thru February. Lunch, Happy Trails Combo and Dinner excursions are available as specified above. All rides are weather dependent and tour times may vary by season. The ranch is closed on Sundays.
Skill level: Beginner to experienced.
Notes: Weight limit: 250 pounds. No double riding. Guests under 16 must have a parent/guardian on the tour with them. Long pants and closed toed shoes are required. Sunscreen and hats are recommended. Don't forget your camera! Prices do not include taxes or guide gratuity.
Cancelation Policy: All half and full day tours have a 72-hour cancelation policy. If your plans change for any reason, please be sure to call at least 72 hours prior to the day of your tour to avoid charges.